Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Will my garden beat the first frost?

Listening to the weather report for our area I am beginning to realize, my garden is getting close to being done for the year (a low of 39 tonight).  Autumn officially starts September 22 this Saturday.  It will be the earliest start to Autumn since 1896.  I wonder if their overall weather was as weird as ours has been this year?

There are still several items growing I am not ready to give up on.  Tomatoes and Lima beans are just now starting to produce.  I am going to wait and see if they beat the frost.   They struggled through all the heat.  I will just wait and see what happens. In Southern Indiana summer heat is not uncommon.  What hurt us was the total lack of humidity.  

Gardening is a gamble.  Just like life and you just have to keep going. 

An update on the new calf.  Mama and baby are thriving.  The little thing is already at a full gallop(my husbands description)  in the pasture.  Hopefully the rest of the cows will deliver soon so there will be little friends for it to play with.





No comments:

Post a Comment